Session participants can enter the waiting room by clicking on a link in their session invitation e-mail. Here is a step-by-step guide to that process. The instructions below assume your session host is using our VSee integration.
If you are unsure which platform your session host is using, check to see which application you are being prompted to install.
- If you are an account holder, check the lower left hand corner of your Dashboard to see if the button says "Install Zoom" or "Install VSee".
- If you have been invited to a session, check the lower left hand corner of the waiting room page to see if the button says "Install Zoom" or "Install VSee".
You may also want to read:
1. Your host should have provided you, the session invitee, with a 9-digit Access Code for the session you want to join. Go to the SecureVideo website and use the Join a Session button in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
2. Enter your 9-digit Access Code in the provided field (hyphens or spaces are optional), and then click Go to be taken to the waiting room page.
3. On the next page, use the Enter Waiting Room button.
- If this is your first time joining a session on this device, you'll be prompted to download and install VSee. (If you don't see a prompt, please select your device/browser from this page for instructions: How do I download and install the videoconferencing app?)
- If your session has a payment or e-document requirement, you will need to pay or fill out the assigned documents before you will be allowed into the session.
4. Wait to be connected. When you have successfully connected, this message will disappear, and your status along the top of the browser page will change to green.
5. If connecting for the first time on a Windows device, you will be prompted to calibrate your camera, microphone, and speaker settings, and you can review your video quality as you wait for your host. (Mac users are not prompted to calibrate their settings and should immediately see their own video tile.)
Confirm your camera device:
If you have more than one camera, and prefer to use another, you can select it from the drop-down menu below your video. (Red arrow above.)
Confirm that your speakers are working:
If you have more than one sound device (speakers or headset), and prefer to use another, you can select it from the drop-down menu. (Red arrow above.) Press the "Play test sound" button and be sure that your volume is turned up!
Confirm your microphone device:
If you have more than one microphone, and prefer to use another, you can select it from the drop-down menu. (Red arrow above.)
6. Once you see yourself, you can simply wait for your host to join you.
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on December 4, 2020.